Estimated reading time 1 minute, 44 seconds.
Test your instrument flight rules (IFR) proficiency and sharpen your piloting skills with this exclusive Skies feature! Examine the following approach plate and take your best shot at the accompanying questions:
ILS RWY 07 APPROACH
- You are inbound to the WC NDB from the west and are level at 3,000 feet. You are cleared straight in LOC RWY 07 approach. The glidepath is U/S. Is a straight-in approach authorized and if so, at what point should we initiate the descent out of 3,000 feet?
- What is the lowest altitude that you can cross the XX NDB on the above approach?
- Is an RVR-based approach ban a possibility on this approach?
- Is RWY 07 equipped with a high intensity approach lighting system?
- What should be your course of action upon arrival over the clearance limit if further clearance is not received in advance?
- If conducting a procedure turn, it must be accomplished within ___ nm of the ___ ___.
For answers, click here.
John Montgomery is the founder and president of Professional Flight Centre in Delta, B.C., which was established in 1986. A 12,000-hour ATPL pilot and Multi IFR instructor, John also specializes in ground school and seminar instruction. John can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.