Estimated reading time 2 minutes, 21 seconds.
Air Canada announced that, in collaboration with the Government of Canada, it will operate its first special flights from Bogota and Buenos Aires. All flights are operated in compliance with Government of Canada health and safety requirements for air passengers entering the country. Additional flights from Algiers and Limaare also planned to depart in the coming days:
- Air Canada is scheduled to operate an additional special flight on April 4, 2020.
- Air Canada is scheduled to operate a special flight on April 3, 2020.
- Air Canada is scheduled to operate a special flight on April 5, 2020.
- Air Canada is scheduled to operate additional special flights on April 2, 2020 and April 4, 2020.
Since March 21st, Air Canada has operated 13 special flights in collaboration with the Government of Canada to bring Canadians home.
- Morocco – March 21, 23, 25
- Peru – March 24, 26, 27, April 1
- Ecuador – March 25, 27, 29, 31
- Spain – March 25
- Algeria – March 31
Air Canada continues to operate on a reduced network following restrictions imposed by governments around the world. Its operations remain focused on bringing Canadians back home.
Over the period between April 1, 2020 and April 3, 2020, Air Canada is carrying approximately 8,000 passengers back to Canada on 113 flights from Asia, Europe, Caribbean/South America and the United States. On April 2, 2020, Air Canada carried home 2,500 passengers.
Canadians abroad must register with Global Affairs Canada to book their seat. For any emergency help, travellers can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.