Estimated reading time 3 minutes, 55 seconds.
Garmin International, Inc. announced a comprehensive line-up of virtual AirVenture Oshkosh events. Beginning Monday, July 20 through Saturday, July 25, Garmin will host a series of free educational webinars and product demonstrations, and feature unique opportunities that will bring the Garmin exhibit experience direct to its customers. Garmin has also partnered with Mike Patey, FlightChops, Trent Palmer and many more, who will round out the virtual experience. Customers can view a detailed list of events, dates and times by visiting here.
“EAA AirVenture Oshkosh has long developed into a globally recognized, marquee aviation event over the past five decades (add a couple more decades to include Milwaukee and Rockford). While we are very disappointed AirVenture Oshkosh will not physically take place as expected this year, we are thrilled to bring eager attendees, loyal customers and friends as much of the Garmin experience to you virtually, and in the best way possible given the times,” said Carl Wolf, vice-president of aviation sales and marketing. “Our team has put together a terrific agenda of events for the week, so please join us for as much of it as you can. We look forward to seeing you again in person in 2021!”
One of the more popular AirVenture experiences at the Garmin exhibit include attending a series of educational Garmin aviation seminars. Ranging from an overview of its latest products, such as the GI 275 and GTN Xi series, to cost-effective autopilot upgrades, these free webinars offer pilots and customers a broad overview of the latest Garmin has to offer.
Training webinars will also be available throughout the week and are led by Garmin’s aviation training department. These webinars will feature a general operational overview of Garmin products.
Customers can attend any of the following webinar or training topics throughout the week:
- Latest avionics: GTN Xi series, GI 275 and more;
- Latest portables: aera series, inReach and more;
- Cost effective autopilot upgrades;
- Garmin Pilot: Getting started and pro tips;
- Cost effective avionics upgrades: G3X Touch for certified aircraft, G5, GPS 175 series;
- Solutions for experimental aircraft;
- Boldmethod and Garmin present: GTN Xi Vertical Navigation (VNAV);
- Sporty’s and Garmin Present: Preflight weather with Garmin Pilot;
- Garmin Pilot: Cross-country planning;
- Garmin Pilot: Flying and flight deck connectivity;
- GTN Xi IFR approaches, missed and visual approaches;
- G3X Pilot Academy: Introduction;
- G3X Pilot Academy: Autopilot.
Just as they would have seen in the Garmin exhibit, customers will have the opportunity to check out aircraft equipped with the latest avionics and view video demonstrations by Garmin experts.
Aircraft tours will include the following Garmin-equipped aircraft:
- Cessna 182;
- A36 Bonanza;
Product demonstrations will feature a Garmin expert showing the latest features of Garmin avionics and include the following products:
- TXi, GTN Xi and GFC 600;
- GI 275;
- G3X Touch for certified aircraft;
- G3X Touch for experimental aircraft;
- GFC 500 and GFC 600 autopilots;
- G1000 NXi.
Garmin has partnered with some of aviation’s biggest names in the industry to create additional stories to complement its virtual AirVenture week. Some of those include Mike Patey, who will unveil the completed panel of his G3X Touch-equipped “Scrappy” aircraft. Patey will also be available for an exclusive live Q&A session.