Estimated reading time 2 minutes, 15 seconds.
ARGUS International, Inc. has announced the launch of the flight department best practices assessment for business aviation flight departments who wish to operate at a higher standard of safety.
“ARGUS is proud to add the Flight department best practices assessment to our list of products and services to fill the gap for flight departments looking to enhance their safety practices with a globally recognized set of best practices,” said Joe Moeggenberg, president and CEO of ARGUS International.
“Our aim for the best practices assessment was to develop a universal standard that is accessible and recognizable for flight departments around the world. This assessment will result in a list of recommendations for the operator to consider relative to improving the operational safety within the organization; it is not intended to be a traditional audit.”
The Flight department best practices assessment was developed in response to the growing number of private operators around the world who want to verify that their flight operations are being managed according to globally recognized industry best practices.
The assessment requires flight departments to demonstrate their conformance with the following criteria:
- Meets or exceeds all applicable civil aviation requirements;
- Has current and applicable flight department manuals detailing processes and procedures;
- Has implemented a safety management system (SMS) appropriate to their operation and consistent with International Civil Aviation
- Organization (ICAO) and leading Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)’s regulations and/or guidelines;
- Has clearly documented responsibilities, reporting structure and accountability; and
- Has created a safety culture with active participation by internal and external stakeholders.
ARGUS has performed thousands of audits for commercial airlines, charter operations, helicopters, utility resource operators and other aviation-based organizations spanning six continents.