Estimated reading time 2 minutes, 55 seconds.
Since the invention of the first widget, every innovation has been greeted with two statements, “That’s wonderful,’ followed by “Can you make it bigger, faster, do this or that?”.
The same is true of PS Engineering’s innovative and successful PAC45-series. The PAC45 in 2017, but more control heads and inputs were wanted, so the PAC45 came out in 2018, the PAC45A in 2019, the PAC45D added dual control head functionality in early 2020. But customers wanted more. More knobs, more controls.
PS Engineering, Inc is now growing the family again with the new fully digital PAC45J, which features the CTL45J, a 2.62-inch tall Dzus Control Head with individual switching capability for eight communication and eight navigation receivers. Designed for maximum capability in jets and rotor wing aircraft. The PAC45J offers 16 push/pull selection and volume controls that can be exactly configured to match the cockpit requirements. The control head includes push button access to the functions that pilots really want.
- Digital system for ease of installation
- Dzus width, 2.62″ height
- Up to 8 Communications Transceivers with individual volume controls
- Up to 8 Switched Navaid Inputs with individual volume controls
- Up to 5 unswitched Audio Inputs
- Independent Audio Alert Function with 9 field programmable messages
- Up To 4 Control Heads can be used
- Up to 9 Stereo Intercom Stations
- Stereo Audio Output 200mW per channel minimum
- Receive Audio Indicator (RXI)
- Intercom active during radio transmission (TXI)
- Reversionary modes for redundancy
- Unlimited Custom Bezel Options
- Black and Gray Color Decals
- Two CVR Audio Outputs
- Two 10W Speaker Outputs (Pilot Radio & PA)
- Built-in Bluetooth Connectivity
- MultiTalker Head Related Transfer 3D Function (HRTF)
- Morse Code Identifier Filter
- Oxygen Mask Microphone panel activation
- ICS Cabin Call function
- Installer configurable without a computer
- Designed for fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft
“Once again we heard the voice of the customer and responded,” said Greg Ledbetter, PS Engineering’s the PAC45 Program Specialist. “Pilots and operators needed a complete suite of fully controllable audio for the cockpit, and we worked to provide exactly what they need, with ultimate built-in customization.”
The PAC45J System starts deliveries the beginning of Q1 2021.